How to Apply, https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/220879/field-experience-coordinator (open this link)
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter must include examples of how your past work experience is applicable to this position.
The Field Experience Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the organization, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all facets pertaining to the field and clinical activities in the Education Department. This is a part-time position with work obligations as follows:
80% effort or 32 hours through the academic year (August 16 – June 14)
20% effort or 8 hours a week from June 15 – August 15 each year
This position will report to the Education department chair.
- Make all school placement contacts
- Coordinate placements for field experience and clinical practice for all Education programs
- Serve as initial contact for school districts
- Match university supervisors with student teachers
- Match students with mentor teachers in all types of placements
- Maintain all student records related to field experience, clinical practice, and certification: fingerprinting, background checks, CPR training, First Aid training, substitute teaching, and surveys
- Serve as liaison with Certification Officer
- Maintain rosters of students, mentor teachers, and university supervisors
- Communicate with Watermark SLL Unit Administrator about CAEP and Watermark SLL related issues
- Track field hours in Watermark SLL as well as all field related assessments
- Work with faculty to ensure that all field-related assessments are uploaded into SLL
- Develop training plans and organize all logistics for the internship, university supervisor, and mentor teacher orientations for all clinical experiences
- Work with faculty and staff to develop and maintain a current field handbook for all programs
- Work with Certification Officer and academic advisors with the application process
- Work with faculty to create and maintain field "packets" for each clinical experience
- Co-plan stakeholder meetings with relevant individuals
- Provide support during remediation process for students
- Communicate on a regular basis with Education Department Chair
- Complete other additional tasks as identified by Education Department Chair
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or at least two years of direct related experience
- Knowledgeable about Birth-12th grade education and/or professional experience in school contexts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Well versed in commonly used technological applications
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Former teaching or teacher administrative experience
- Experience in mentorship or supervision of educators
This position requires a fully in-person work schedule at this time and is subject to change based upon the duties of the position and the needs of the department.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Employee and qualified dependent tuition support
Eligibility for benefits is based on your job group, your appointment percentage and the length of your appointment. Learn more about employee benefits and eligibility and download the Comprehensive Benefits for Faculty and Staff flier.
For tuition support information, please go https://www.umflint.edu/hr/benefits/
Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/chancellor/leadership-mission-vision/
The University of Michigan-Flint’s DEI plan can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/dei/
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.