Flint River Watershed Coalition Education Program Manager – Full Time
The Flint River Watershed Coalition (FRWC) is looking for someone who believes empowering youth to be stewards of the environment is vital for our Flint River watershed and the quality of life in our community.
Flint River Youth Programs Delivery
● Excite educators and youth about the power of environmental & outdoor education.
● Recruit and retain formal and informal educators in powerful educational opportunities that connect classroom learning to real-world problems around environmental issues.
● Recruit and train environmental professionals as classroom mentors to connect career opportunities to learning experiences.
● Coordinate the Flint River GREEN youth stream monitoring program, including in-school, out-of-school, and youth action projects.
● Coordinate professional development opportunities for teachers, mentors, and youth ● Lead the implementation of the Student Summit, which brings together youth in a professional-type conference to share their data with peers and decision makers
● Grow and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with our community
● Coordinate and collaborate with staff, partners, and committee members on program development, including grant-writing and regular reporting
● Assisting the Flint River Watershed Coalition at organizational and community events.
● An understanding of the diverse needs of teachers, students, and school administrators and how to best serve them for delivery of watershed education
● Interest in environmental issues (watershed knowledge is a plus)
● Strong communication skills: written, verbal, facilitation, and public speaking
● A strong customer service ethic
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to follow through ● Reliable transportation
● Ability to work both independently and as a trusted team member
● Willingness to provide consent to a background check including a search of the National Sex Offender Public Website and State Level Criminal History Search.
● Experience working on grants
Desired (but not mandatory) Qualifications
● A bachelor’s degree in an education or environmental field is not required, but is encouraged
● Experience working with both teachers and informal educators
● Working knowledge of place-based education principles and education standards, such as Next Generation Science Standards
● Familiarity with the Flint River and its watershed
● Experience as a volunteer and/or managing volunteers
● Ability to develop synchronous and asynchronous content for teacher education
● Connections with the informal education in the watershed
● Experience with developing and implementing community action projects
Position: Education Programs Manager
Salary: $35,000-45,000/yr, depending on experience and education.
● Medical, and vision, upon satisfactory 30-day review
● Paid Time Off: 15 days, plus flex time, national holidays, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Reports to: FRWC Executive Director.
Typical Schedule: Monday through Friday with some evenings and weekends. Involves indoor and outdoor work. Hybrid partial remote work schedule is available.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, and references to Darren Bagley at bagleyda by June 10th.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process. This program is available to all, and we treat all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FRWC Education Program Manager Job Description.pdf