Click here to view the posting for the Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center Outreach and Professional Learning Director
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Outreach & Professional Learning Director – Cereal City Science
The Outreach & Professional Learning Director will report to the Director of Business & Operations – Cereal City Science. This position will be responsible for all K-8 Outreach Training and Professional Learning Programs associated with the Cereal City Science product. One of the primary responsibilities is to establish, conduct and monitor all training and professional learning associated with the Cereal City Science Units and NGSS-aligned curriculum.
- Creates, delivers and monitors all professional development and training programming for Cereal City Science. Including both virtual and face-to-face professional learning.
- Develops and monitors appropriate professional learning and training programming and training resources, and identifies and generates the appropriate data collection and reports to monitor performance results.
- Provides intensive assistance and consultation to schools regarding the science kits and STEM curriculum. This will include providing classroom coaching and development of the Teacher Leadership Corp [TLC] within a district or region.
- Monitors the instructional portion of the Kit Program including the teacher guide revision and audits the program for fidelity.
- Monitors and improves all STEM curriculum associated with Cereal City Science.
- Markets, promotes, and is involved in the sale of Cereal City Science Kits.
- Train and prepare CCS consultants to lead PL sessions.
- Ability to network with other organizations such as MISciPLN, MMSLN, MSTA, and NSTA including presenting at State and National Conferences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of STEM curriculum and best practices that support instructional excellence in the classroom.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Framework for K-12 Science Education and of the NGSS.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, assess and improve curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and develop insightful conclusions for use in development of strategic solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional learning programs for teachers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using effective collaboration and listening skills with a variety of audiences including teaching staff, professional organizations and students.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings (e.g., newsletters, memos, social media)
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in a STEM environment
- Demonstrated ability to marshal resources, orchestrate multiple activities at once using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to the consumer, understand their needs and develop training solutions that meet those needs.
This position has supervisory responsibilities; contracted trainers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and multiple temperature climates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position – 40 hours per week.
Occasional overnight travel is possible, 3-5 days per month.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Education or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of training related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of 3-dimensional teaching experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Education
- Strong background in training & professional learning program design and development
- Proven effectiveness in the creation and management of training and professional learning systems
- Demonstrated experience with consulting and coaching teachers
- Demonstrated experience in the construction and promotion of educational instructional materials
- Demonstrated experience with Next Generation Science Standards curriculum
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $73) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.